Coleman Legal Group, LLC
Low Stress, High Success with our Milton Georgia Divorce and Family Law Attorneys
Your divorce case will present numerous challenges as you try to proceed into the next stage of your life – our attorneys will ensure you navigate them smoothly and efficiently. We know the courts, the judges and the opposing counsel and have been serving families just like yours in the Milton and greater Atlanta area for over a decade.
Dedicated to Your Divorce and Family Law Needs
Our family law attorneys are compassionate and careful listeners and will work closely with you to determine your needs and goals. In representing you, however, we take a confident, aggressive approach in order to most efficiently and effectively secure the best outcome possible.
Years of experience with complex legal issues tied to divorce have sharpened our skills and knowledge in handling a variety of family law cases. Our attorneys also stay up to date on all new information and legal discourse to provide you with the exemplary representation.
We have handled a range of divorce cases, from uncontested, straightforward separations, to heated, complex disputes involving a variety of other family law issues. Whether your case involves high assets, minor children, business considerations, bankruptcy or other issues, we will tailor a unique approach to your specific needs. Divorce is stressful enough – knowing you are in good hands can make all the difference.
Experience and Competence Matter
• Divorce Attorneys – Our lawyers are well versed in uncontested and contested cases, can provide mediation services, as well as other alternative dispute resolution services, and are available to discuss and draft prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
• Child Support & Custody – We know that one of the most important parts of your divorce is keeping your children in an environment conducive to their health and happiness. Our lawyers will guide you through temporary custody hearings, child support guidelines, legal and physical custody as well as modifications of existing orders.
• Father’s Rights – Our offices provide services connected to paternity, legitimization and adoptions and also represent a number of fathers who seek involvement in their children’s live post-divorce.
• Domestic Violence – Our attorneys have experience protecting the rights of both alleged victims and alleged perpetrators and will assist victims in obtaining both temporary and permanent protective orders through the courts. Our attorneys are also dedicated to helping clients clear their names of false, untruthful allegations of violence.
• Alimony and Spousal Support – In addition to handling the division of assets and debts, our attorneys will handle services connected to spousal maintenance and support.
• Contempt – If you are being held in contempt of court or are filing for contempt against your former spouse, our attorneys will represent you and protect your rights. We also handle modifications of existing orders.
Whether your spouse lives in Milton Georgia or out-of-state, our divorce and family law attorneys can assist you from the moment you decide to file the petition to the day you start your new life and beyond. Call us at 770-609-1247 to schedule your consultation and let us help you through this confusing time. We have two conveniently located offices in Alpharetta and Atlanta.
Where are Milton Georgia Divorce and Family Law Cases Filed?
Filing for divorce is a difficult time, and knowing Georgia’s divorce law can save you time and money. One of the first things you will deal with is filing for divorce. Jurisdiction and venue play an important role in the process, as you will need to file the paperwork in the correct place in order to open your case.
Jurisdiction refers to the court’s authority to hear a case, as determined by its legal boundaries. A court with jurisdiction to hear a divorce has the right to grant the divorce itself and to decide on orders connected to the divorce, such as child support, custody, and property division.
Venue refers to the proper geographical area in which a spouse can file. Usually, Georgia law requires that you file your divorce complaint in your spouse’s county of residence. If your spouse has moved away from Georgia, you may file at the Superior Court in your county. If you do not file in the proper place, you run the risk of your case being dismissed, thus it is important to know where you should be filing and note that your case could be specific – you should always double check with your court and your attorney that you are filing in the right place.
Generally, if you are filing for an uncontested divorce with your spouse, the complaint can be filed in either party’s county, provided both parties have given consent that this is alright.
Once your case is open, court hearings will also usually be held in the Superior Court in which you filed your complaint.
If your spouse lives in Milton, Georgia – which is primarily located in Fulton County, your case will usually be filed in Fulton County Superior Court which is located at:
136 Pryor Street, S.W.
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Likewise, if your spouse lives in Forsyth County, your case would generally be filed in in Forsyth County Superior Court.
We Frequently File Cases for People Residing in the following Milton Georgia Area Zip Codes: 30004, 30009
Coleman Legal Group, LLC’s Georgia lawyers practice in the areas of Divorce, Family Law, Immigration, Bankruptcy and Business Law. Our main office is conveniently located at:
Alpharetta Georgia Office
5755 North Point Parkway
Alpharetta, Georgia 30022
Copyright © 2020 | Coleman Legal Group, LLC | All Rights Reserved. Coleman Legal Group, LLC • 5755 North Point Parkway, Suite 51 • Alpharetta, GA 30022 • 770-609-1247 DISCLAIMER: The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.